What to prepare: A good planner.
- Make sure you have somebody accompanying you. Do not do it alone.
- Make sure you have a realistic plan, includes place, time and the nearest hospital that can be accessed less than 1 hour by transport in case of an emergency situation
- Prepare the medications as suggested by the counselor, either pain killer or antibiotics ( if you have a certain infection conditions ). A painkiller such as Ibuprofen, Paracetamol or Panadol. You can take painkiller 15 to 30 minutes after the first dose or some time after the pain arises.
- Make sure you have your meal at least 2-3 hours before the procedure. A full stomach could worsen the condition of nausea and vomiting
- Menstrual pad – regular size.
- Have enough mobile phone credit / balance or internet package to ensure all communication channels settled. Ensure you and your counselor activate all communication channels during the procedure.
Safety and Security Warnings
- Abortion is may be illegal in some countries. Please pay attention to your security before, during and after the procedure. If you use your mobile phones or laptop to access medical abortion information, or if you send text message about your abortion to friends or family, make sure you delete all text messages and chat history from the phone, factory data reset recommended.
- Panic is not helpful. Stay calm. Always focus on the signs of complications and infection. If the sign does not appear, it means that the process runs smoothly. If in doubt, please contact your counselor. If you find that you start bleeding before the water broke, contact your counselor as soon as possible or go directly to emergency room.